Visa Sponsorship For DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2021 – Scholarship application is currently open for interested candidates who are willing to study in Germany through the DAAD scholarship 2021 program for Post-Graduate courses.
Here’s how to apply with free visa sponsorship:
Highly qualified local specialists who are interconnected with international partners play an important role in the development of their countries. They are pivotal for a better future with less poverty, more education, and better health for all.
However, many universities in developing countries are underfunded and overcrowded, and also the availability of top-level university lecturers and practice-oriented training programs is often limited.
It is against this backdrop that the DAAD created “development-related postgraduate courses” (EPOS), which are closely linked to practical experience.
The program supports rigorously selected graduates from developing countries with scholarships to study for an internationally competitive degree in Germany.
These postgraduate courses have been going through discerning selection processes and have to reapply to the multi-institutional selection committee on a regular basis.
Professionals and managerial staff from developing countries and emerging economies gain further qualifications on postgraduate courses to become future decision-makers and partners for Germany.
This is the case for degree courses in all areas of expertise important for development and for solving global problems.
It is expected that the graduates will be involved in international networks, working on solutions to national, regional, and global challenges. In this way, they will initiate and support development processes in the medium and long term.
In addition, capacity development in terms of supporting personnel and organizational development in partner countries will have sustainable development effects.
For the participants of the program, the postgraduate courses offer the necessary skills and qualifications to continually increase their performance and development capacity in their working environment.
Graduates will act as disseminators passing on their experience and their newly acquired skills to others.
At the same time, the postgraduate courses contribute to the further internationalization of higher education institutions in Germany.
In addition, participants from partner countries will promote the transfer of knowledge from South to North by sharing their specific regional know-how with students, teachers, and researchers, thus strengthening their competencies in respect of the developing countries.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for Ph.D.
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany are listed on the website. Check the Full Scholarship list of Courses and their application deadline.
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years of professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic, or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German(scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)
Visa Sponsorship For DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2021 List of Eligible Countries
The following are countries that are allowed to apply for the Visa Sponsorship For DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2021.
- Moldova, Republic
Others include countries in Europe, Africa, North and Central America, South America, Asia, Oceania, etc.
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. The deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2021.
It is important to read the FAQs and the 2022/2023 brochure and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
If you want to apply for Visa Sponsorship For DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2021 visit the official website at https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=3&origin=190&subjectGrps=F&daad=&intention=&q=&page=1&detail=50076777